Friday, August 14, 2015

Learning Art and Music

I often hear people say something like this,
"I'll learn how to paint after I retire."

Or "I'll learn to play ____(any instrument, you fill in the blank) when I have time."

Well, the problem is , you'll never have time for something unless you begin to make time.

So why not now?

I began to paint in oil when my children were still young.  I was struggling to have personal time just so I can keep my sanity(direct quote from my 2nd son).  Learning to paint in oil changed the way I look at everything.  Before I started to paint it felt like I was seeing through lenses that made everything dull.  As I paint more and more, I began to see the world in technicolor.  Even the path of my daily walk in the neighborhood was adorned with splashes of colors that I somehow never noticed before.

The Good News is: the nature paints a whole different color scheme every season, and it's free for everybody!







No comments:

Post a Comment